Despite Dragon Age being a top-rated game, it too suffers from a few errors here and there. One such error is Dragon Age Inquisition won’t launch, which keeps you locked out of the game, preventing you from actually playing the game.
We know that it is actually worse than having a bad game experience.
Dragon age inquisition is a role-playing action game by Bioware and electronics arts. It is the third addition to the Dragon Age franchise and sequel to Dragon Age Origins. This game is available for Windows, Xbox, and PlayStation.
What Prevents Dragon Age: Inquisition From Launching?
There are multiple reasons for a game not being launching, depending on the system. Let’s dig into each cause that might prevent your Dragon Age Inquisition game from launching:
1. Compatibility Issues
It is sometimes possible for a game to have compatibility problems with the Windows 10. In such a case, the windows don’t start the game. However, the good news, windows 10 has a compatibility mode that can run any application so far.
2. Missing or Corrupted Files
Obviously, a single missing or corrupted file can be the culprit behind your issue. As all the files are necessary to launch a game, this is no brainer that your game won’t launch if the files are not intact and complete.
3. Administrative Rights
The game might need some extra privileges to be run on your PC, i.e. administrative rights.
4. Screen Optimization Issue
By default, the windows launch the games in full-screen mode. However, sometimes this feature interferes with the game itself. Thus, the game is not started.
5. Directx/VC Redist Issue
Direct X and VC Redist both come with the game installer, and they can also be found in the installation folder. The versions of both these applications also aid to the game not running correctly on your system.
6. Background Processes and Services
There are many processes and services that Run in the background of your windows. Quite often, these processes interfere When again is being launched. These processes can range from third party applications to Windows services itself.
How To Fix Dragon Age: Inquisition Won’t Launch Issue?
Now, that we are done understanding the root causes of this problem, let’s proceed to the troubleshooting.
But, before jumping to the actual solutions, try restarting your computer once, this might solve your issue. If the restart still doesn’t launch the game, move to the following solutions.
#1. Run With The Dedicated Graphics Card
This is no brainer that extensive games require a hefty graphics card. So, if the problem is related to the GPU settings, the root cause of it would be using the low power intel chipset.
Dragon Age Inquisition game demands a heavy graphics card such as NVIDIA card.
#2. Running A Clean Boot
The applications running at the back can lead to this problem as well. It might be some third party application or a Windows service itself.
Follow these steps to apply a clean boot to make your game function properly:
- Run your computer as an administrator.
- Search for MSConfig on the search bar, and press enter.
- Once the window pops up, go to the services tab.
- Check the button “hide all the Microsoft Services option.”
- Then, click on the Disable all button to turn off all the third party services running at the back.
- Close the configuration window, right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager option from the drop menu.
- Go to the startup tab, and disable all the running applications. To disable an already enabled application, right-click the service and select disable option from the menu.
- Restart your PC and launch the game again.
#3. Verifying Game Files
As discussed already, all the game files are necessary to launch the game. Even if one file is missing or corrupt, the problem will occur while starting. To verify the game files, follow these steps below:
- Go to Origin Client and sign in to your account.
- Click on My Game Library option located in the left pane.
- Right-click on the Dragon Age Inquisition game and select repair game option from the drop menu.
- Now, the origin client will start verifying your game files.
- Once the game is tested, it will automatically download the missing files and replace the corrupted files if any.
- Relaunch the game to check if the error still persists or not.
#4. Update Your Graphics Card Driver
Sometimes graphics drivers are the one causing multiple errors in the windows. Therefore, it is necessary to update outdated graphic drivers or remove corrupted ones to make your experience on windows worthwhile.
To update the graphics driver on your PC, follow these steps:
- Search for the “devices manager” in the search bar.
- Select the device manager application from the searched options.
- Locate the display adapters from the list of drivers, and expand that tab.
- Right-click the graphic card and select “Update Driver Software” from the drop-down menu
- After the update windows open, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.” This will install the available updated driver for your graphic card automatically.
#5. Troubleshoot Compatibility
There is often a clash between the updated windows and games, known as a compatibility issue. However, luckily, windows have a compatibility mode to launch your game.
Here is how you can run Dragon Age Inquisition in compatibility mode:
- Go to the installation folder for the game.
- Right-click the Dragon Age Inquisition executable file and select to properties from the drop-down menu.
- Now, navigate to the Compatibility tab and click on Run Compatibility Troubleshooter option. The windows will detect the preferred OS required to run the game automatically.
- Click on the Try Recommended Settings and select Test option.
- Apply/Save the changes and exit the window.
Now, relaunch the game to check if the Dragon Age Inquisition error is gone or not.
#6. Reinstall The Direct X And VC Redist
There are two files that are necessary for the game to launch, Direct X and VC Redist. There is a possibility that these files might be corrupted and end up becoming a hindrance when you start your game.
Try reinstalling these both in order to fix the issue. Here is how you can do it:
- Navigate to the following location in your PC C drive → Program Files (x86) → Origin games → Dragon Age Inquisition →__Installer →DirectX →redist
- Run the DXSetup.exe and replace all the previous versions.
- Navigate to the following location in your PC C drive → Program Files (x86) → Origin games → Dragon Age Inquisition →__Installer → VC
- Run all the executables, i.e., VCRedist.exe present in that folder
#7. Turn Off Full-Screen Optimizations
By default, Windows launch all the games in full-screen mode. However, this feature might not work for all games. Therefore, try turning the full mode optimization off for the Dragon Age Inquisition to check if it works without it.
- Go to the Game Installer Folder.
- Navigate the DragonAgeInquisition.exe and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option from the given drop-down menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the option named as Disable Full-Screen Optimizations.
- Click Apply and then the OK button.
#8. Check Computer Specifications
It is essential to check the game’s system specification requirements beforehand. The minimum and recommended specifications for the Dragon Age Inquisition game are as follows:
CPU SPEED: AMD quad-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad-core CPU @ 2.0 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit
VIDEO CARD: 512 MB, AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
FREE DISK SPACE: 26 GB
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 512 MB
CPU SPEED: AMD six-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad-core CPU @ 3.0 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
OS: Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit
VIDEO CARD: 2 GB, AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
FREE DISK SPACE: 26 GB
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB
My Final Verdict:
All these solutions are easy, and they don’t require any specialized expertise or time to get them implemented. You can go through each solution one by one, and hopefully, you can find the right fit for you.
We recommend running this game on a gaming computer or at least on the minimum hardware specs given above. In this way, Dragon Age Inquisition will run smoothly without having any issues. Happy Gaming!