Welcome Guest! To access all forums & features, please register an account or sign-in. → Why register?

Follow @NeowinFeed
Samsung TouchWiz vulnerability will wipe some phones after just clicking a in Back Page News

Photo - - - - -

Galaxy S III Update

So I have had the Galaxy S 3 now since it was released, and I have had a chance to mess with it and get used to it. Here are my thoughts.

I enjoy looking at the display and the large display helps out for remote sessions and when I am at work doing server administration and whatnot. As well as being nice to read email on and whatnot.

The phone is very smooth and everything runs great on it.

However,

Touchwiz had to go. I put the nightlies of CM10 on it and it runs great with those. only issue for me at least being that USB audio is still not supported for some reason on the current builds.

As far as device things That i do not like. Even though I enjoy looking at the screen I find that the screen is a bit too large to be able to use the phone with one hand and this causes a bit of a headache sometimes.

Also i find that compared to my Droid 3 it does not get nearly as good signal at my house.
Other than that the phone is fantastic and i use it all day every day,

Generally I unplug it at 7am and do not plug it back in until around 11pm and it still has 60% or so battery life remaining.

+Kreuger
Sep 21 2012 14:36
A couple of my co workers have the phone. Looks real nice. However I can't stand CM. AOSP just looks so dated. I'm glad people were able to nicely tweak Sense for my HTC One X. I get a beautiful UI and it's still fast, not like the days of my Desire Z which I had CM7 on for speed alone.

+littleneutrino
Sep 21 2012 14:38
CM10 is based on Android 4.1 and I do not think it looks dated at all I love it, The older builds of 2.3 and such looked very old even when they came out compared to some of the custom UI's but CM10 isnt bad at all.

Categories

• -   Uncategorized (25)
  • -   How To (3)
  • -   Reviews (14)
  • -   Statings (48)
  • -   Television (1)

Recent Entries

• Photo
    State of my Technology.
    22 September 2012
  • Photo
    Galaxy S III Update