Have you ever tried to enter a website, but an annoying thing stopped you from doing so, and that was “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED” and you are now confused and stuck about what to do?
This error forbids you to enter the specific website you are planning on operating, for example, Minecraft. Yes, Minecraft users, we know you have faced this error plenty of times.
It’s not the error that causes you any issue, but it’s the lack of information that causes a hindrance for you because when you don’t know the root of the problem, you can’t really solve it.
What Causes The Connection Refused Error?
To fix any problem, you need to know the main issue behind it, and the same thing goes with the connection refused error, if you don’t know why it’s causing you won’t be able to solve it. There can be numerous causes about why are you facing this error, and we are going to elaborate those causes with you so that you can easily solve it
The first cause can be a simple misconfiguration, that means maybe you have typed something wrong in the search bar, and that can be anything, that is why you can’t connect to your desired server.
The second cause might be a server error, that means maybe the server is faulty, or it has crashed, that’s why you are unable to connect. On the other hand, this problem can also be a result of the firewall crashing, it is very common for a firewall to silently drop.
Other than these issues, the connection error can also be an outcome of a really common IP address issue, let us tell you why and how. When you are trying to connect to the server and if the IP address is not correct so it might lead to cancellation.
It is clear that the specific IP address that is attached to the correct port is the one that connects the Minecraft to its respective server, and if you are having issues with that, it won’t eventually connect.
You might not know, but sometimes the IP address gets changed from time to time, and we don’t notice it till it creates a bigger hectic for us, for example, these connectivity issues. If you are having the same problem, then it probably is the changed IP address. But don’t you worry, we have a solution for that too.
Sometimes there is certain software that doesn’t go with Minecraft. Maybe there is some software that you have installed that is not compatible with the game. To be saved from this kind of inconvenience, you can always look up on the internet about this particular kind of software and then delete them.
Did you know that Minecraft requires the latest and updated version of Java in order to work properly and smoothly? This might be the problem too. If you don’t have the updated and latest version of Java working on your desktop, it might cause hindrance in operating the app.
How To Fix The Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Error
You can also face this kind of connection issue when it comes to accessing Minecraft io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$AnnotatedConnectException bit don’t you worry because we exactly know how to deal with a problem like this.
As we told you earlier that we need to get to the root of the issue to take care of the problem, now that we have our potential reasons in front of us, let’s look into how can we solve this issue ourselves. Down here, we have jotted down the easiest ways you can use while solving this issue.
Related Error Guides For You:
- Overwatch Rendering Device Lost
- Roblox Error Code 267
- VAC Was Unable To Verify The Game Session
- Dragon Age Inquisition Won’t Launch
Solution No 1: Adding Exceptions In Firewall In Minecraft Folder
There are chances that the connection is due to the blockage by the firewall, by following the steps down below, you can solve this problem.
- From the start menu, go to the settings icon.
- Then click on updates, then security option.
- Press windows security, then the firewall & network protection option.
- Scroll down ahead and pick allow an app through firewall option.
- Then press on change settings, and then select Yes from the warning prompt.
- Select allow another app from the options menu, then press on browse.
- Then go to the game installation directory and press game, and launch executable.
- Repeat the process above again but this time, go to the directory where you installed the Minecraft server.
- Open the Maxwell folder and then Minecraft server folder.
- Press allows for both java executable located in the folder.
- Repeat the process again. Scroll down the list of apps present there and allow the java platform SE binary option instead of pressing on allow another app.
- Now open Minecraft and check the connectivity.
Solution No 2: Reboot The Router
Sometimes the connection error can be caused by a faulty internet connection. This can be caused by a problem through the LAN server or maybe something related to the connection from the provider.
- Unplug the router and modem.
- Now, wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem.
- Wait at least 60 seconds now.
- Plug in the router.
- Wait at least for two minutes.
- After it restarts, check if the problem went away.
This process will completely solve the problem that you are having if it is related to the internet connection, sometimes the ethernet cables that we are using her faulty and no, theydon’t need a proper fixing but just a restart will do your job.
Not just this, keep in mind that sometimes the connection error can also be caused by a case of high ping or busy server, so before jumping onto any conclusion, we would suggest you to wait it out.
Solution No 3: Adding The IP Address And Port
The up of the internet connection that we are using that change from day to day, this can also be a reason for our problems let’s see how can we change it.
- Press on the search bar and type command prompt.
- Right-click on the CMD icon and now, run and administrator.
- Now, type ipconfig and note down the IPV4Address.
- Now go to the Minecraft servers folders > maxwell> Minecraft server and open the server properties document.
- Now note down the server port listed here.
- Again open up Minecraft and go to play multiplayer option.
- Select what server you want to join and choose edit from the given options.
- You can keep the server name, but the address should be IPV4.
- Now, press done and then refresh.
Solution No 4: Using A Trusted VPN Connection.
A VPN acts like a middle man between you and the website you are surfing on, it protects your information and saves it from being hacked it pirated, it is an essential part of one’s desktop.
Having a trusted virtual partner is important when you are on the internet, and the VPN makes sure that everything you do is secured between the VPN and you.
But if your VPN connection is not secure and the data is getting pirated and leaked somewhere else, then maybe this is the reason why you are facing connectivity issues because your middle man is faulty.
When the mainline will have immense faults in it, nothing will be able to operate, so make sure you have a trusted partner alongside, this will ensure a strong bond between you and the server, a trusted and verified VPN will assure that you have no
Solution No 5: Update The Network Adapter Drivers.
If you have an old version of the network adapter so it sure can cause issues with connection, let’s work on solving it.
- Press start and search for the device manager.
- Go for the device manager, and click the top result to open the app.
- Expand the network adapter branch.
- Right-click on the adapter with the problem and choose the update driver option.
- Press the search automatically for update driver software option.
- Now, continue with the on-screen options.
A network driver is actually software on our desktop that gives a kick to any transmission that happens on our PC. In is easy words, it provides a data link protocol and drives every function that is to be carried out.
If our network driver is not updated and is not compatible with Minecraft, then you may face connectivity issues because the data is not being transmitted, it is either slow or not working at all.
Updating the network driver will cancel out the possibility of it being faulty, and if still, the connection error occurs, then you would have to move on to the next possibility.
Solution No 6: Update the game
An old Minecraft game can also cause problems because you won’t have the updated features to work with, let’s see how we can update the game.
- Start the Minecraft launcher.
- Press options that is present near the username textbox.
- Then click on force update on the launcher options windows.
- Click done and log in.
Solution No 7: Reinstall Minecraft
Sometimes our devices or the server gets some bugs that only can be solved when you install the game from a new level.
- Leave the launcher alone.
- Press WIN+R and type app data. Press enter to open the roaming folder.
- Find the Minecraft folder and open it.
- Copy your saves folder to a new safe location.
- Go back to directory.
- Click on the Minecraft folder and select delete.
- Start the Minecraft launcher.
- Wait for the Minecraft to install now.
- Close it after it finishes loading.
- Now, open the Minecraft folder and drag the saves folder back into it.
If you are someone facing a connection refused error, but you are unable to solve it, then congratulations because we know that after going through this read, solving this problem is a piece of the cake for you. We have to keep in mind the root of our issue and once we have that in hand, solving the main problem is not much of a hectic.
In the following article, you learned all about what causes the connection refused error and how can you solve it without any further problems. Now you can play your game hinderance free without any kind of difficulty.