You are trying to play the PUBG on PC via Steam, and what makes you not play the game? PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam error? Say no more! We have jotted down all possible solutions for this error.
Players Unknown Battle Ground, or commonly known as PUBG, is undoubtedly one of the most famous games out there. Despite many other replicas of the game, the PUBG has not lost its essence and proven other duplicates as a flop.
Many people have built an addition to this game (and we see the reason why). However, it gets really annoying when an error keeps you locked out of playing your favorite game.
Keep reading to get to know the most effective solutions for the PUBG failed to initialize steam error.
What Causes The PUBG Failed To Initialize Error?
Well, according to the PUBG support team, this error only displays when the game is not installed correctly. However, users have claimed that it is more than that.
The PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam error can also be caused due to outdated graphics, permitted privileges to the game files, faulty Steam, and many more.
Whatever the cause is, we have listed solutions for each one of them.
How To Fix PUBG Failed To Initialize Steam In Windows?
To get you back in action on PUBG, we have listed all the tried and tested solutions for PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam error.
Try each solution in the order given below for the best results.
1- Verifying Game Integrity
If your game, PUBG, is missing some files or they are corrupted, the game won’t run. You must be thinking how will you know if there are any faulty or missing files. Luckily, Steam allows you to verify the game files.
Here is how you can check the game files integrity in Steam:
- Firstly, run your Steam and go to the library section.
- From the given list of games, locate PUBG and right-click it.
- From the drop-down menu of options, select properties.
- Navigate to the local files tab and click on “Verify integrity of game files” button.
- The process might take some time to check the integrity, therefore, wait for a while. After it is done, rerun the game.
2- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations For Your Game
This new feature of Windows 10 might be the culprit for your PUBG failed to initialize steam problem. The fullscreen optimization feature is the unique feature of Windows 10, mainly designed to boost the performance.
However, sometimes this feature can also be problematic.
To disable this feature, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows + E key simultaneously to open the file explorer.
- Once the file explorer opens, go to the steam folder. By default the location of the Steam is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ or C:\Program Files\Steam\
- Then navigate to the following address steamapps\common\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\.
- Now right-click the Tslgame application or the exe file and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the compatibility tab and check the button named as “disable fullscreen optimization.”
- Then click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Now, rerun the game and Steam.
3- Restart Your Steam Client
Sometimes, the problem is caused due to Steam. If this is the case, it is pretty easy to solve. Here is how you can restart your steam client to get it started error-free:
- Firstly, close your game.
- Then open the task manager through right-clicking the taskbar and selecting the task manager from the menu.
- Once the task manager opens, go to the Processes tab.
- Now, search for all the steam and tslgame processes and end it.
- Reboot your Steam again and play the game.
On a side note, if this doesn’t work, restart your PC as well. Sometimes changes in the settings require a reboot to apply those changes thoroughly.
4- Disable Administrative Power For Steam
This solution has proven to be the most common and useful for the PUBG failed to initialize steam error. Many users have claimed that revoking the administrative power for the Steam has resolved this error for them.
To revoke the administrative rights for the Steam, follow these steps:
- Go the steam folder (where Steam is installed. By default the location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ or C:\Program Files\Steam\.
- Once, the steam directory opens, navigate to steamapps\common\TslGame\Binaries\Win64\
- Look for the Tslgame.exe file in that folder.
- Right-click on the file and select Properties from the drop-down
- Now, go to the compatibility tab and uncheck the option named as Run as an Administrator.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes and rerun the game and Steam.
5- Run Steam As Administrator
Sometimes there is an issue of granting privileges to the Steam, and therefore the PUBG failed to initialize error occurs. In order to solve this problem, it is pretty simple to grant administrator rights.
Here is how you can access the Steam as Administrator:
- Directly locate the steam folder, where Steam is installed from the file explorer
- Now, once the folder opens, right-click the steam application or the exe file
- From the drop-down menu, select the option “Run as administrator.”
Now check if the error still shows or not. If it does, don’t worry and hop on to the next fix.
6- Update Graphics Drivers
Games start acting up when there are outdated graphic card drivers. Therefore, always lookout for the new updates for your graphics card in order to run your games smoothly.
To update your graphics card, follow these steps:
- Open device manager, either from the control panel or by right-clicking the “My Computer” on desktop and selecting Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Now, navigate to the Display Adapters and expand the tab.
- Right-click on your graphics card and click “Update Driver Software.”
- Another pop-up window will open, and select “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the given options.
However, if your system doesn’t update your drivers automatically, you can always update them manually. To do it manually, download the updated drivers from the manufacturer’s website and following the installation wizard, straightforwardly.
7- Reinstall The Steam
If you have made your way here, this means that this error is serious. You should consider reinstalling the Steam now. This will most likely solve your problem and set things at the place to run your game.
Follow these steps to uninstall and then reinstall the Steam:
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R key at the same time.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the dialog box and press enter.
- Once the application manager opens, search for the entry of Steam in the given list of applications
- Right-click the Steam and press “uninstall.”
- Wait till the Steam uninstalls entirely and then restart your computer.
- Once the computer restarts, go to the steam website and download the fresh version of Steam and install it.
8- Disable Any Windows Firewall Or Antivirus
Sometimes, the firewall or antivirus installed on your system causes the blockage to access your game or any application. The best bet here is to temporarily disable the Windows Defender or antivirus, and then enabling it back again once your application runs.
To disable the Windows Defender, follow these steps:
- Open the start menu.
- Search for the Windows Security and click on the top result that it shows.
- Now select virus and threat from the given options.
- Under the virus and threat protection section, click on the manage settings option.
- Now, turn off the “real-time protection” toggle switch.
- Failed to initialize renderer your display skyrim
- Dragon age inquisition steam not launching
- Why won’t origin open
- You were kicked from this experience error code 267
- Rendering device lost overwatch
- Minecraft io netty channel abstractchannel annotatedconnectexception
Now, with all the solutions been listed, we hope that any one of the above has worked for you, and you are back playing the PUBG with your game buddies.
However, if the error still persists, don’t lose hope and try contacting the PUBG customer support or check the hardware requirements for the game.